Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Changing Names

I really don't like it when names of things are changed. I'm a firm believe in the old saying, "If it's not broke, don't fix it."
I passed a sign today advertising for a funeral home and prepaying for funeral expenses. Instead of calling it a funeral, they called it a "Remembrance Ceremony". Why not just call it what it is? Like calling used cars "pre-owned". I guess I just don't like to sugar coat things or put "spins" on them. I want things straight forward.
Another one is calling an apartment, an apartment home. Or better yet a condo. We lived in a "condo" a couple of years ago...It was nothing more than an apartment. A two bedroom, one a half bath apartment. When I think of condo, I think of something near the beach. Now, granted, we were about a mile from Mobile Bay, I don't think it qualifies as a condo.

Just my random thought...

No comments: